An introduction to GoLang aimed to give both beginner and advanced level developers an easy jumpstart for learning Go.
Go is the most promising programming language developed by the same individuals who created the C programming language, Unix, and UTF-8: Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson.
In this course, we will cover all the modern features of Go including concurrency implementation using go-routines, and standardized formatting using GoFmt! Here is a break down:
- What is Go?
- A brief history about creators of Go and Go's inception
- Standardized formatting in go and how it helps in code maintenance in long term
- Simplicity in Go using standard formatting and one way of doing things
- Goroutines, the simplest way to manage background jobs and processes
- Memory management with go
- Software engineering vs programming
- Why Go is most promising for software engineering
- Opportunities related to Go in Pakistan
- Way forward.
Why should you listen to me?
I am a backend engineer with over 8 years of industry experience. I have developed applications and infrastructure for multiple high growth startups in the MENASA region. Currently, I am working on the backend of the KeepTruckin software. KeepTruckin is a billion-dollar company revolutionizing trucking fleet and freight management in the US.