I am a designer and educator specialising in service and interaction design. I'm a Fulbright alumnus, and hold an MFA in Industrial Design from Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD). As a design consultant, I have worked with clients like Dolby Labs, Grid Impact, Coke USA, Working Class Studio, and Innovations for Poverty Alleviation Lab. I have taught at design and engineering schools since 2015, while being deeply involved in Pakistan’s burgeoning maker scene, as the program manager of Makeistan, Pakistan’s first academic makerspace. I have previously led the design teams at Ricult Inc. and Xavor Corporation. I currently lead the Service Design practice at IDEATE Innovation, where we follow a human-centered design approach to research and develop interventions in fields like healthcare, agriculture and financial inclusion. I'm also an adjunct faculty member at Indus Valley School of Art and Architecture. You can see some of my work at www.alimurtaza.net
1. Lucy of Ethiopia to the Gunpowder of China 2. Heidegger’s Hammer and McLuhan’s Extensions of Man 3. Qualia, Meaning and Consequences
1. Sticks, Rods and Astrolabes 2. Punched Cards and Dreams of Automation 3. Circuits, Transistors and Dogecoin
1. The World is F*cked; and We Designed it that Way 2. In Praise of Thinking Inside the Box 3. The Internet and our Collective Depressed Brain
1. The Design-Saviour Complex 2. TikTok, Friend Requests and Porn 3. Let’s Not Save The Next Billion
1. Spying on Ourselves 2. Information Systems and Sonic Spaces 3. Conversational Interfaces
1. Infinite Memory and Winning a War 2. The Art of Speaking Machine 3. Conscious Machines and Robots with Rights
1. The Secret Lives of Electronic Objects 2. Critical, Speculative, and Alternate Realities 3. The Promise and Perils of Digital Immortality
This is not an ordinary course but a masterclass specially designed to help you become successful in the market. Some of the perks include:
All the classes will be conducted live giving you the opportunity to engage with the instructor and fellow course takers.
If for some reason, you missed a lecture, videos will be provided for you to stay up to speed with the class.
Meet Successful people who started their journey from content creation. Seek inspiration and learn from their experiences.
Clearly designed assignments and goals to build your foundations throughout the class
A Dedicated Slack community to connect with your classmates and instructor
Get inspiration from the work of your fellows. Find your own tribe of supporters!
The class will have batches in Local language.
Certification will be provided to participants.
Apply now and get free access to the precourse work.